Friday, June 29, 2007

Dal: Good Eats Style


Courtesy of Alton Brown, this is a super easy and cheap lentil soup, so you can go to Whole Foods and buy that expensive Greek yogurt for the top.
What you'll need:

2 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup finely chopped onion
1/2 cup finely chopped carrot
1/2 cup finely chopped celery
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 pound lentils, picked and rinsed
1 cup peeled and chopped tomatoes
2 quarts chicken or vegetable broth
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground coriander
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground toasted cumin
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground grains of paradise (which I couldn't find, so I used just plain ol' black pepper instead)



P.S. That's parsley from my garden. A mosquito bit me in the middle of my forehead on my way out to get it. Finally, I can do my best Brak from This Island Earth impression.

1 comment:

Nate said...

Great photo